Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
At Citizens Advice Exeter we are working to ensure that equity, diversity and inclusion (EDI) are at the heart of everything we do. It’s vital that our policy work improves the lives of marginalized groups and those at great risk or vulnerability. We do this by making sure we are working on the issues that have a positive impact on at risk groups.
We have been delighted to see increased awareness of the diversity of the trans community and increased understanding of the breadth of gender identities. We aim to provide a welcoming and supportive environment for people to be who they are, irrespective of their gender identity and we value their unique contributions. We will continually work towards improving our services to ensure we support all minority groups.
We aim to ensure that:
- Our advice services will be accessible and relevant to all our diverse clients whose experiences and outcomes will be more positive
- Our advocacy services will speak up for those who face disadvantage, detriment or harm to their wellbeing and we will improve how we identify and consider those needs
- Our technology and resources will respond to user needs and will improve access to our services, including face to face
- In terms of sustainability, our services will be designed to take account of the needs of those facing disadvantage, detriment or harm
- Our culture will be more inclusive and we will continue to make our whole service more diverse with better equality of opportunity for all”
For details of our EDI strategy document for April 2022 to March 2025, please click the link below:
CitA Exeter EDI strategy document 1.4.22 to 31.3.25